These prayer times are open to our church and are a come-and-go event. Our staff members will be available if you would like individual prayer.
Monday to Friday, January 8th – 12th, 7:00AM-10:00AM
Monday to Friday, January 15th – 19th, 7:00AM-10:00AM
What Is Fasting
Why We Fast
Fasting has the potential for significant impact in our lives. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life and God can speak directly to you in new and powerful ways.
Fasting and prayer can also work on a much larger scale. According to Scripture, we are convinced that when God’s people fast with a proper Biblical motive – seeking God’s face not His hand – with a broken, repentant, and contrite spirit, God will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation and world. Fasting and prayer can bring about a change in the direction of our nation, the nations of earth and the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
If you do not already know of the power and importance of fasting, here are some important facts:
- FASTING WAS AN EXPECTED DISCIPLINE IN BOTH THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ERAS. FOR EXAMPLE, MOSES FASTED AT LEAST TWO RECORDED 40-DAY PERIODS. JESUS FASTED 40 DAYS AND REMINDED HIS FOLLOWERS TO FAST, “WHEN YOU FAST,” NOT IF YOU FAST.
- FASTING IS A BIBLICAL WAY TO TRULY HUMBLE YOURSELF IN THE SIGHT OF GOD (PSALM 35:13; EZRA 8:21). KING DAVID SAID, “I HUMBLE MYSELF THROUGH FASTING.”
- THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL QUICKEN THE WORD OF GOD IN YOUR HEART AND HIS TRUTH WILL BECOME MORE MEANINGFUL TO YOU!
- FASTING CAN TRANSFORM YOUR PRAYER LIFE INTO A RICHER AND MORE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
- FASTING CAN RESULT IN A DYNAMIC PERSONAL REVIVAL IN YOUR OWN LIFE – AND MAKE YOU A SOURCE OF LIFE TO OTHERS.
Types of Fasts
This fast is a great option if you do not have much experience fasting food, have health issues that prevent you from fasting food, or if you wish to refocus certain areas of your life that are out of balance.
For example, you might choose to stop using social media or watching television for the duration of the fast and then carefully bring that element back into your life in healthy doses at the conclusion of the fast.